200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Yogavini’s aim to build up qualified yoga teachers by its residential 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India, registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
This Yoga Alliance 200 hour certified yoga teacher training course (TTC) takes place in a tranquil serene setting just outside Rishikesh Town, the worldly renowned yoga central, Northern India and a birthplace of Yoga.
We believe that the best way to learn how to teach yoga is to immerse yourself completely in a yogic lifestyle and practice so that your teaching comes from your own personal experience.
What do you need to do to deepen your practice and become a good and effective Yoga teacher ?
Here at Yoga Vini 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India we pride ourselves on the one of the best designed curriculum for TTC.
Key Points of 200 hoursTeacher Training Course
Knowledge of anatomy is a vital component to understanding the postures and the body. Understanding the postures is a key element to becoming a good teacher and providing a deep and safe practice for your students. We break down every aspect of practice to make it understandable.
You will be provided with a thorough understanding of yoga philosophy. Philosophy gives a clear vision of the yogic path which will not only help guide you on your path but will also give you the tools to encourage others on their path.
Correct and Effective Yoga Asana Practice
During our 200 hour yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, 4 hours per day, under the observation of our experienced teachers, will be spent practising and breaking down postures piece by piece. This will give you a full understanding of the correct alignment of the postures.
Practical Teaching Experience
All students are required to conduct and lead practical classes. This helps to overcome the fear and nervousness of preparing for classes.
Discipline is one of the most important aspects of yoga & yoga teacher training course in India. Without experiencing this discipline it is not possible to understand what yoga is about. This 200 hour yoga teacher training course, curriculum, environment gives you an opportunity to understand and follow this discipline for the whole month which will become your strongest pillar as a yoga teacher.
Creating this yogic environment is what make Yoga Vini different to other 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training schools in Rishikesh India . As yogi vini says…….
Knowledge can be harmful if not experienced.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India Schedules 2018 to 2019
SCHEDULE & LANGUAGE (capacity: maximum 35)
|5th Mar to 2nd Apr 2018 -CLOSED-||English/Japanese|
|5th April to 2nd May 2018 -CLOSED-||English/Japanese|
|5th Sep to 2nd Oct 2018 -CLOSED-||English/Japanese|
|5th Oct to 2nd Nov 2018 -CLOSED-||English/Japanese|
|5th Mar to 2nd Apr 2019 -OPEN-||English/Japanese|
|5th Apr to 2nd May 2019 -OPEN-||English/Japanese|
|5th Sep to 2nd Oct 2019 -OPEN-||English/Japanese|
|5th Oct to 2nd Nov 2019 -OPEN-||English/Japanese|
We are seeking students who understand that further study, practice and commitment are required to continue their personal evolution and excellence in teaching.
Our 200 hour yoga teacher training course is designed to give a profound experience of all aspects of yoga including; Asana (yoga postures), Pranayama (proper breathing), Meditation, Yoga philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching philosophy and Proper diet.
Yogavini yoga center boasts an abundance of fresh air with the sounds of birds chirping and Ganga flowing, will help you connect with nature and experience the learning on the course at a deeper level. Being close to nature is an important factor on yoga journey.
Yogavini Rishikesh also have and strong support from the local Indian community which will provide opportunities to partake in and enjoy traditional Indian culture.
At our yoga teacher training course, our facilities provides the perfect setting to center and re-connect within yourself. The energy felt when stepping in to the room is like no other and once again, stepping outside of cities and experiencing countryside views as far as the eye can see, will bring a deeper sense of inner space, stillness and silence.
By coming out of the big cities surrounded by tall buildings and stepping into our yoga teacher training yoga center in Rishikesh, you will experience the perfect atmosphere to create beautiful personalized memories of your yogic journey.
Our teachings incorporate many tools and techniques that guide students through their own journey as a teacher, allowing each graduate to emerge with a strong foundation of skills and knowledge. We believe that the path of yoga is a lifelong journey and commitment.Our aim is that all students will experience growth, a deeper connection with themselves and a strong understanding of how to introduce this journey to others.
Our teachers are highly experienced not only in postures but also the yogic path. You will learn the deeper path of yoga through living their life style.
Apart from providing the best yoga methodologies, Yogavini Rishikesh is famous for providing the fully accommodation facilities to the students. Yogivini is situated in the quiet and peaceful place dotted with the green trees. The yoga center is well-equipped with all the residential facilities required for comfortable living. The highly ventilated and eco-friendly rooms of the yoga center are fully furnished with all the necessary requirements.
Food and diet
With lodging facility, at yogvini rishikesh yoga center, we offers the nutritious and hygienic meals to the students. The food in the yoga center is specially prepared with the use of green vegetables. Only vegetarian food is served in fully Indian & yoga center life tradition. The recommended and tested food is catered in the yoga center mess.
- Broaden understanding of yoga principles.
- Strengthen your personal yoga practice.
- Build a firm foundation from which to teach others.
Two daily asana classes, two hours each. We keep group size small so that every student can get proper alignment according to their levels.
- Thorough explanation and demonstration.(explanation of postures are unique and based on our teachers experience. you will get much more than the information’s in book.)
- Individual adjustments.
- Various techniques (props, walls etc.) on how to improve and deepen your practice.
- Variations of different postures. (This will help you to adopt different postures for different levels of you students).
- Sequence. ( our experienced teachers will guide you on how to sequence your classes).
Meditation takes time and dedication to develop a strong practice, but here you will be given the tools to initiate and deepen your ability with two daily guided meditation classes including pranayama.
- Purpose and benefits of meditation.
- Different types of meditation (Japa, Silent Walking etc).
- Introduction to Pranayama, Anuloma-Viloma, Ujayi, Brahmri, Shitalli, Bhastrika.
- Importance and purpose of various sitting postures.
- Skills to guide yourself and others through meditation and pranayama.
We offer an easy and comprehensive approach allowing you to gain a greater understanding of yoga hence helping you to lead a greater emotional and mental well-being in order to live a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Explanations are based on real example from the life which makes the philosophy an interesting an easy to experience. Our whole course is skillfully designed to experience these yoga philosophies.
- Analysis of both the text and commentary of Bhadavad Gita (classical yoga scripture).
- Detailed explanation of the of Patanjali Yoga Sutra.
- Different Paths of Yoga.
- 8 Limbs of Yoga.
- Mantra (spiritual energy through sound).
- Chakras and Granthis
- Cellular respiration. (Imp to understand the deep effects of yoga on our body)
- Connective tissue.
- Body System. (functioning of systems and effects of yoga)
- Joints (knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, hip).
- Muscular system and IMP muscles. ( movements in pastures and muscles use)
- Scoliosis and postural disorders. ( how to choose posture for different postures)
- Stretch Reflexes. (how to use different stretch reflexes to deepen the practice)
- Endocrine System, Glands and Hormones.
- Menstrual Disorder.
- Jala Neti.
- Sutra Neti.
- Kunjal Kriya.
- How to be an effective yoga teacher.
- Hands on adjustments
- How to observe and understand how the body moves
- The art of the voice
- Confidence though practice teaching
- The purpose and use of props, both in personal practice and the class setting
- Practical teaching classes.
- Origin of Ayurveda.
- How ayurveda treats different diseases and complaints.
- Doshas and the different types.
- How diet affects the mind and the body.
- The healing effects of fasting.
- Written Examination will be held every 2 weeks.
- Practical teaching test will be held twice to develop your proficiency of teaching.
- Shat karmas practical test.
- 5.30 Wake up
- 6:00~7:30 Pranayama/Silent Meditation/Interactive Discussion
- 7:30~8:00 Tea
- 8:00~10:00 Asana class
- 10:00~11:00 Brunch
- 11:00~12:00 Karma Yoga
- 12.00~13:00 Self Study
- 13:00~14:30 Philosophy
- 14:30~15:00 Tea and Snacks
- 15:00~16:00 Anatomy/Ayurveda
- 16:30~18:30 Asana
- 18:30~19:00 Dinner
- 19:00~20:00 Meditation and Chanting
- 20:45 Lights off
The spirit behind the discipline and rules are purely to immerse yourself into the yogic lifestyle to enable you to obtain maximum benefit from your teacher training experience.
- All students are expected to follow the entire yoga teacher training course schedule.
- In the event you need to be absent from any event, prior permission should be obtained.
- All students are expected to be on time for all scheduled classes and remain for the duration of each class.
- Guest behavior should be respectful of Indian culture; men and women should cover the shoulders, midriff and legs. Tight fitting, transparent and revealing clothing is not permitted.
- Kindly refrain from expressions of affection such as hugging or kissing in public.
- Guests are expected to observe celibacy (brahmacharya) as part of the spiritual discipline.
- All students are expected to actively participate in Karma Yoga.
- Smoking, alcohol and drugs are not permitted.
- Technology use is restricted to off hours.
- Photography, video, or audio recording during classes is only permitted with prior permission.
- Our 200 hour yoga teacher training classes are taught in English with Japanese speaking teachers available for translation.
- Teacher training courses are subject to date change due to interest.
- Students with reservations will be notified of any changes at least one month in advance.
- Course runs 6 days per week with Sunday afternoons off for reflection and rest.
- yoga center accommodation is simple and shared (couples are not allowed to share rooms).
- Two daily meals will be offered, each consisting of healthy and traditional Indian food.
- All meals are prepared in a safe and hygienic environment.
- Please advise us of any food allergies so our staff can accommodate you.
- Most nationalities require a visa to enter India therefore our students are advised to apply for a tourist visa.
Location of teacher training course
Teacher Training Course will take place at Ashram about 30 minutes from Rishikesh town b Tuk-tuk. We’ll provide a shuttle bus pick-up upon your request. Please contact for further information.
Dhayan Mandir Ashram, ShayamPur, Rishikesh
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Fee
- The fee for our 200 hour yoga teacher training course is $1450 USD including accommodation and two daily meals.
- A deposit of $300 USD is required for all reservations. Cancellations will result in a forfeiture of your deposit.
- Balance to be paid on 2 weeks before the course starts.
This Yoga TTC is registered with The Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, so graduates can become registered yoga teachers.
At the end of our 200 hour yoga teacher training course, all participants who have attended the specified number of yoga classes and pass the examinations will receive a yoga teacher training Certificate of Completion.